Saturday, February 16, 2008

Trying Something New...

So, as some of you may know by now, I have been officially invited to serve in the Peace Corps. I received a call Thursday saying that my invitation was in the mail and that I should get it within 10 days. So, after months and months of the Peace Corps application process, I have been told to wait some more. However, this time I know that in a few days, I will know my exact placement, leave date and work title. I have been told to expect an invitation to non-French speaking Africa leaving in the end of May.

Therefore, with a looming date of departure, I figured it was about time to get some things in order. I have been told by many people that creating a blog would be a good way to keep in touch with people for the next few years of my life while in Africa. Although I feel that blogs can be a little bit self-indulgent, I have decided to give it a try! It may be easier than trying to email tons of people all the time. So, that is all for now. I will post again when I know my country of service (hopefully just a few days) and will know more then.

No comments: